Thursday, December 17, 2009

the aftermath

I can't say I didn't like it, of course I did. Seeing her once again agitated those proverbial butterflies in my stomach. I admit I enjoy the attention.
How are you
, she says.
I'm fine.
I tried to look casual and unaffected. I'm glad I am wearing something decent. She looked amazing. I mean, she was wearing that red dress and it took all my will power not to touch her. I haven't seen you in a while, she says. After.. you know... She trailed off her speech, I'm almost certain she did that on purpose, as a trap.
Yeah, I've been busy, I said as I run my fingers through my hair, as I always do when I'm uneasy, and of course she knows that. What does want me to say? Sorry? For loving her for fifteen years?
Well it was nice seeing you again, she said.
I said nothing.
I looked down at the cocktail I've holding. I never liked to drink alcohol anyway, but I figured I might as well get numbed right now.

1 comment:

Kinjiki said...

you could start a string of short essays until you could compile a book. i love this! ;)