Saturday, June 26, 2010

200 pounds of beauty

Through the urging of my good friend Shella, I watched this film in Youtube.

This film is about a woman who went through plastic surgery. I was skeptical at first as I didn't know what the movie was trying to do. Is it trying to denounce or advocate cosmetic surgery? By the looks of the girl in the fatsuit, she wans't happy and through a series of events, she was able to undergo the procedures.

It talked about ideas of beauty and identity. Is beauty involves only having a pretty face and body? They seem to take this issue in a nonjudgemental way, which is not what I expect.

The ending was good too, the girl didn't get the guy, but it was in her own terms. It's still not clear if the guy loved her when she was fat, but it seemed like he did care.

At the end I think this movie is saying it's OK to have cosmetic surgery as long one is open about it doesn't claim to be naturally endowed.

Watch it if you are into Korean films.

No comments: